When was the last time you tried to have your cholesterol screening done for free at your doctor’s office? And when was the last time your doctor gave you the results of your test within minutes of drawing blood?
Select CVS Pharmacy Minute Clinics are offering to do just that – free cholesterol screenings and results – through June 7, 2008. Here is a partial listing of some of the Minute Clinics offering the free screenings in the Greater Metro Detroit area:
- Clarkston (Sashabaw & Maybee)
- Clinton Township (18 Mile & Garfield)
- Detroit (Renaissance Center)
- Fraser (Garfield & 14 Mile)
- Lake Orion (S Broadway & Atwater)
- Macomb Township (21 Mile & Card)
- New Baltimore
- Northville (9 Mile & I-96)
- Northville Township (5 Mile & Sheldon)
- Rochester Hills (Walton Blvd & Adams)
- Shelby Townhsip (25 Mile & Dequindre)
- South Lyon
- Southfield (13 Mile & Southfield)
- Troy (South Blvd & Crooks)
- Walled Lake
- Waterford (Highland & Crescent Lake)
- West Bloomfield (Orchard Lake & Lone Pine)
A few tips to remember before you go for your screening…
First, while not required, you’ll get the most accurate results if you fast 8-12 hours before your appointment.
Second, you must be 19 years old in order to participate with valid identification to verify your age.
Why get checked? For one, it is free! Also, one in five Americans are at risk for developing heart disease. Getting screened is one way you can prevent and combat high cholesterol.
For more info about CVS’s Minute Clinics, visit www.minuteclinic.com or call 866-389-2727.
For more info about Home Instead Senior Care and how our CAREGivers can help your loved one maintain or lower their cholesterol through diet planning and engaginmg in phsyical activity, visit www.homeinstead.com/283 or call 248-273-2277.